020 8747 5024
Epilepsy Research UK promotes and supports basic and clinical scientific research into the causes, treatment and prevention of epilepsy. We are the only charity in the UK dedicated to funding independent research exclusively into this condition.
Epilepsy Research UK’s vision is of a future where every type of epilepsy can be safely controlled and people can live seizure free – new research is the key to achieving this. Our research is concentrated on key areas that will benefit people with epilepsy.
Each year our scientific advisory committee selects projects that we believe could make a real difference. Since 2007 we have awarded almost £8 million in grant awards. Some of that research has helped us:
• improve epilepsy surgery for both adults and children
• know more about risks of taking epilepsy medication in pregnancy
• trial drugs to treat memory problems in people with temporal lobe epilepsy
• improve surgery for focal epilepsy
• discover that immunotherapy is an effective treatment for certain types of seizure
By running for Epilepsy Research UK you can help us push forward developments to better understand, control, and perhaps even cure, epilepsy.
You can only apply to one Affiliate Charity at a time. For further information on how the Charity Entry process works please see our Charity Runner FAQs.
Please click on the event you would like to participate in:
2018 Bournemouth Marathon Festival
- 2018 Bournemouth Marathon >
- 2018 Bournemouth Half Marathon >
- 2018 BMF Supersonic 10K >
- 2018 BMF Supernova 5K >
- 2018 BMF 2K Junior Race >
- 2018 BMF 1.5K Junior Race >
- 2018 BMF Junior 5K >
- 2018 BMF Kids Kilometre >
If you already have your Own Entry, you can pledge to fundraise for Epilepsy Research UK via your My Details account.
Simply log in and click on the link next to your entry.
Please click here to view our Charity Runner FAQs