Sands, the stillbirth and neonatal death charity was founded in 1978.It was set up by a small group of bereaved parents devastated by the death of their babies and in particular by what they felt at the time was a complete lack of acknowledgement and understanding of the significance and impact of their loss. Incredibly in the UK today, in spite of medical advances, many parents continue to have their lives turned upside down by the death of their baby. 15 babies a day are stillborn or die within the first twenty eight days of life. At Sands our mission is to:
• support anyone affected by the death of a baby;
• work with health professionals to improve the quality of care and services provided to bereaved parents and their families;
• promote changes in antenatal practice and fund research that could help to reduce the loss of babies' lives.
You can only apply to one Affiliate Charity at a time. For further information on how the Charity Entry process works please see our Charity Runner FAQs.
Please click on the event you would like to participate in:
2018 Bournemouth Marathon Festival
- 2018 Bournemouth Half Marathon >
- 2018 BMF Supersonic 10K >
- 2018 BMF Supernova 5K >
- 2018 BMF 2K Junior Race >
- 2018 BMF 1.5K Junior Race >
- 2018 BMF Junior 5K >
- 2018 BMF Kids Kilometre >
If you already have your Own Entry, you can pledge to fundraise for SANDS via your My Details account.
Simply log in and click on the link next to your entry.
Please click here to view our Charity Runner FAQs